Your Partner in Air and Water Balancing Solutions
Greg and Monique Barnes
Greg Barnes: Co-Owner
NEBB Supervisor/NEBB Technician/TAB Supervisor/TABB Technician
14 Years’ Experience
Mr. Barnes has 14 years of testing, adjusting, balancing, and commissioning experience in mechanical and plumbing systems. His experience includes work with universities and educational facilities, K-12, hospitals, clean rooms, laboratories, large industrial buildings, office buildings, and retail facilities.
Greg completed a four-year apprenticeship program through Sheet Metal Workers #9. In 2008, 2009, and 2010, he was invited to the national TAB contest. In 2009, he placed 3rd out of 5400 entries. He was the advanced TAB instructor from 2011 to 2013 and helped 9 students pass their TABB technician tests.
• TAB Services - 2006 to 2010 (Apprentice/Journeyman)
• JEDI Balancing - 2010 to 2016
• 2010 to 2012 (Journeyman/Foreman)
• 2012 to 2016 (Vice President/ Project Manager) JEDI Balancing had three field techs and two office staff at the beginning of him becoming the manager. At the time of his departure, JEDI Balancing had grown into the largest TAB firm in Colorado, employing 14 field workers and 5 full-time office workers.
• Certified Balancing and Commissioning
• Columbine High School, 1994-1999 - High School Diploma
• SMWIA Apprenticeship, 2006-2010 - Certified Apprentice
• National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB)
• Testing Adjusting and Balancing Bureau (TABB)
• Sheet Metal Air Conditioning Contractors Association (SMACNA)
• Sheet Metal Workers International Association (SMWIA)
• Sheet Metal Workers Training Institute (Advanced TAB Instructor) 2011-2013
Certifications and NEBB Elected Positions
• Rocky Mountain NEBB Vice President (2012 to 2016)
• Rocky Mountain NEBB Board of Directors (2012 to 2016)
• TABB Certified Supervisor (2009-Current)
• TABB Certified Technician (2007-Current)
• NEBB Certified Supervisor (2013-Current)
• NEBB Certified Technician (2012-Current)
• ITI Certified HVAC Mechanic (2010-Current)
• ASHRAE Building Commissioning (2020-Current)
Monique Barnes: Co-Owner/HR Manager/Estimator
About Mrs. Barnes
Monique has been a part of the HVAC industry for years. Her knowledge of business management ensures that everyday operations run smoothly. As our senior estimator, she handles all the organization, review, and pricing of every job our company works on.
It’s her in-depth knowledge of a balancing project, big or small, that ensures this company is successful and functioning at its highest productivity. Additionally, her expertise in reading both mechanical prints and specifications, her attention to detail ensures that she sets our company up for success on every project we are hired to do, making us one of the industry leaders in customer service, field knowledge, expertise, and job completion! Side of the company.
Lastly, in her position as majority co-owner, she also lends her leadership in managing the accounting department and HR department as well as overseeing our setup department. Monique’s dedication to the success of this company and daily show of positive leadership in all she does is the staple that keeps this woman-owned minority company at the top of its game and thriving.
Her role here is instrumental in the daily functions and long-term success of this company!
Industry Work History
• 2005-2015 Project Manager/Vice President/Outside Consulting Assistant
• 2015-Present: Co-Owner/HR Manager/Senior Estimator
• West High School: 1994-1999 – High School Diploma
Certified Balancing and Commissioning Employees